Warminster Township (population 32,000; $27 million budget; 79 FT employees) located in Bucks County, PA, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Interim Finance Director. The Interim Finance Director is responsible for all finance functions including budget preparation, monthly financial reports, audits, pension funds, payroll, bank reconciliations, and invoices. Supervises staff, consultants, and vendors as needed.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of fiscal procedures and policies in municipal government. A bachelor’s degree or masters’ degree in finance, accounting, public or business administration or other related field or commensurate is required.
How to Apply:
Mail resume, cover letter, and financial expectations to Katherine McGovern, Budget and Human Resources Manager, 401 Gibson Avenue, Warminster, Pa 18974 or email documents to email@example.com. Position is open until filled. The Township of Warminster is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cheltenham Township’s Fiscal Director is retiring after 10 years in this pivotal role. Cheltenham has the challenges and benefits of a first-ring suburb of Philadelphia with our diverse, educated population, unique housing stock, growing commercial sectors, and extensive green space. The Township’s Fiscal Director administers an annual General Fund budget of $36.8 million and a Capital budget of $11.4 million. We require an experienced financial professional who possesses knowledge, skills, and vision to complement experienced management staff and a Board of Commissioners, all of which rely upon the fiscal savvy and wisdom of the talented, experienced individual who occupies this critical function. Reporting directly to the Township Manager and indirectly to the Board, you are responsible for:
• Developing and implementing financial goals, including the township’s operating and
capital budgets; directing and controlling the expenditures of the township and its
• Overseeing debt and cash management, central accounting, pre- and post-auditing, internal auditing and payroll, along with relevant technology assets;
• Tracking and assisting with revenue collection, investment management, centralized
purchasing and contracting;
• Participating as needed in public meetings; teaming with Township officials and employees, interacting with outside agencies/contractors, and the public.
• Bachelor’s Degree or greater from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and at least seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in public accounting, including local government experience and the supervision of professional staff.
• Experience in preparing Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
• Experience with Federal and State single audit requirements
• Extensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and practices of local government financial administration, accounting and GASB pronouncements
• Politically astute with a management style that fosters trust, loyalty and respect
• Excellent communicator, both orally and in writing, with an ability to make effective
Salary $100,000 to $130,000 depending on qualifications. Generous fringe benefit package. Qualified candidates should send cover letter and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and include salary expectations. The Township will be accepting applications until June 29, 2020. Questions concerning the position should be sent to the email address above.
Cheltenham Township (population 37,000), Montgomery County, PA seeks a dynamic, skilled, and experienced leader to serve as its full-time Township Manager. The Township has a demonstrated history of stability and strong leadership from its Manager and the seven-member Board of Commissioners. The current Manager is retiring after serving for 20 years and his predecessor served for 30 years. The Township Manager reports to a seven member Board of Commissioners and under Cheltenham’s Home Rule Charter has the authority to direct and supervise all day-to-day operations of the government, and serves as the central point of contact among the Board, staff, and the community. The Township Manager administers an annual General Fund budget of $36.8 million and a Capital budget of $11.4, and oversees 9 Department Heads and approximately 197 FT/149 PT employees in departments of Police, Finance, Human Resources, Public Works, Parks & Recreation, Emergency Medical Services, Engineering, Planning/Zoning and Code Enforcement. All Township department heads are highly educated and experienced professionals. Candidates should have (1) a minimum 5 years of progressive, municipal management experience in a municipality of similar size and complexity; (2) knowledge of modern local government management principles, practices, programs, and innovations; (3) Masters’ Degree (or equivalent); and (4) demonstrated dynamic leadership ability as well as very strong organizational skills. Salary range: $130,000 to $165,000; commensurate with experience. Excellent fringe benefit package. The Home Rule Charter does require the Manager reside within Cheltenham Township. Qualified candidates should send cover letter and resumes to Daniel B. Norris at email@example.com and include salary expectations. The Township will be accepting applications until June 8, 2020.